Tuesday, September 14, 2010

VFL+LITC, links and photo heavy episode

This weekend I photographed 2 big MMA events in PA. One was the event Locked In The Cage in Lancaster PA. I photographed this as a staff at Mid Atlantic Combat Sports. I'll post the link to the full gallery on their site, once the FTP transfer is finished. Until then, you can check out my web galleries for a full fight gallery. On their website, here's a quick "photo highlights" gallery. These are just 8 of the evening's shots.
http://uscombatsports.com/midatlantic/mid-atlantic-combat-sports/mid-atlantic/event-photo-highlights/fight-night-in-the-cage-1-photo-highlights.html

It featured a packaged card, full of action. It also had a UFC veteran on there. Most of you won't know the name Razak Al Hassan, but you'll know that Steve Cantwell broke someone's arm at UFC Fight for the troops. Hassan is that someone. I have no idea how someone can pack so much muscle into a frame at that weight. The guy is huge in person. It's crazy. He fought Rob Wince, and battered him. It was a completely one sided fight. Hassan had him in the clinch and it was knees from there. At some point Rob Wince dislocated his shoulder, and if I had to guess fractured his collar bone as well. I have been on the receiving end of many sports injuries and been around when others have received them. A lump on the collar bone, after we know the shoulder is back in socket is typically a fractured collar bone, or the little tendon/ligament (not sure what it is technically, btu I know it's there) is torn. Needless to say, it's a painfull injury. Rob Wince, to his credit fought for at least a minute after receiving it, and tried his best. It was only after he couldn't continue that the ref stopped it.

Both men have huge hearts, because I watched Al Hassan have his arm broken on live TV. Then I watched Wince receive a terrible injury in person. I'll tell you what, both men are as tough as nails.

Here's the write up on the fight card of the evening,
http://uscombatsports.com/midatlantic/mid-atlantic-combat-sports/mid-atlantic/event-results/fight-night-in-the-cage-1-quick-results-updated-live.html

Like I said, I'll link the gallery on their website once there's a permanent home for it. Until then, you can view the photos here,
http://roblynn.smugmug.com/Mixed-Martial-Arts/Locked-In-the-Cage-91010/13725032_Yasqv



I photographed Valley Fight League River Valley Rumble as a contract photographer for the promoter. I'm their official photographer, so I do I'd say nearly 95% of their shows. Sometimes I have a date that doesn't work out, or is just too far away.

This gallery is uploaded, and available for purchase on my website.
http://roblynn.smugmug.com/Mixed-Martial-Arts/VFL-MMA-RVR-9112010/13751108_gJ3jp


Here is a write up I did for mid atlantic on the event. The editor cuts them down a bit, so if your fight didn't make it, I am sorry. I did write about you, but Due to space constraints the editor likes to keep them around 1000 words.
http://uscombatsports.com/midatlantic/mid-atlantic-combat-sports/mid-atlantic/event-results/vfl-27-river-valley-rumble-bout-highlights.html

Schedule your senior portraits soon folks! I'm booking up fast!

Talk to you soon!












No comments:

Post a Comment