Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm not going to lie. One of the cool things about being a father is that I get to play with cool toys. While my son is only 14 months old, and they suggest that cars are for 3+, I can't wait. I let Erik play with cars under supervision. What boy doesn't play with toy cars? So I was playing around with some of his cars and snapping a few photos. When I realized how few Hondas he has, I had to get on eBay and buy a few. The 2 most popular car companies are only about 88 cents a piece. Well when you buy them on eBay because you cannot find them at K-Mart, Target, Wal Mart or any other store that may have matchbox/hotwheels...you pay a lot more. On 6 cars, I spent enough to get 25 cars. Looking back, it was probably a stupid idea. My 14 month old doesn't know the difference between a Honda civic and a Shelby GT500. So what possessed me, I'll never know. It sounded like a good idea. Well we were outside playing and I was setting up these cars and shooting some photos. Part of it was to challenge myself to get these shots QUICKLY! My son and wife were present the whole time. Do you think I'd be able to spend hours or even minutes setting up this scene with my kid playing? Nope. SO part of it was just challenging myself. In my work, I'm often not given much time. I need to be able to get a good/salable photograph quickly. I'm not longer one that wants to educate people, but I'll say this. Salable photography is a lot like the movie Moneyball. I'll leave it at that. Anyway, these are some neat photos of the cars, and one of my little dude playing.


No comments:

Post a Comment