Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Busy weekend coming up! VFL MMA in Chambersburg

Hello everyone. It's been a few days since the last post, and I wanted to post a few new photographs and some information on the goings on.

This weekend, I'll be photographing VFL MMA in Chambersburg PA on Friday. On Saturday AON Wrestling at the YPPC center in Ebensburg PA, and then a family reunion on Sunday. Busy busy!

Please check out http://www.vflmma.com/index4f.htm for more information on the shows.

As a full service photographer, I photograph everything. This means if I am booked to do a wedding, I photograph that. Same goes for still life photography, or sporting events. Of course every photographer has certain areas that they enjoy more than others. If they tell you differently, they are lying. See, I'm always happy with a camera in my hand. However, I'm most happy photographing people. This doesn't mean I don't do other assignments.

Something I enjoy VERY much is making photographs of flowers. When I buy my wife flowers, I love photographing them. For me, I like to focus on the FLOWER itself. The stems generally don't do anything for me. I like the background simple, and understated.

Now I usually go understated background for flowers, however one photograph I attempted my take at the classic "Rose on Driftwood" by Ansel Adams. It has to be my favorite photograph. Which is interesting, because my favorite photography subjects are people. I like the back story around it too. Maybe that's why I like it so much. Basically Ansel's mom gave him a rose (pink) when he moved into his apartment. He wanted to photograph it and had no idea what to use as the "background" so he used this piece of driftwood. I had my own "driftwood" with the help of old motor oil, running it over, hosing it off, scuffing it up. Basically doing in a week to it what was probably months of soaking in Adams' case.

The other three photographs I'm featuring here are three from a recent bouquet I bought for my wife. All of these photographs will be featured for sale here shortly on my website. Please have a look. www.roblynn.org If you're interested in package deals (multiple prints) I do offer special discounts on large prints ordered in bulk. PLease contact for details.

Without further Adieu,





Also! Senior session dates are filling up fast! Contact now for your session! I've got great specials all summer long!

Rob Lynn
www.roblynn.org

No comments:

Post a Comment